At Middlegate Europe It's All About Teamwork
Whether you are employed in our warehouses, our offices or are one of our drivers, you are part of our team. We provide the same opportunities to all to be involved in team building exercises and to participate in any of the number of charitable events that we engage in each year.
Sometimes we don't win (well, most times really), but that doesn't matter. We believe that taking part is what is truly important. And if you are the type of person who is willing, then you're the type of person we like.
Are You looking for a career or just a job?
Here at Middlegate Europe we are looking for the best. We pride ourselves in our high driver and staff retention. Some of our staff have been here since the very beginning and provide experience and knowledge to customers and staff alike. We are seeking people who are not only team-players, but who are highly motivated, professional and reliable. We need people who are service driven and who support our philosophy that the customer is our number one priority. Is this you? Do you have what it takes?
Middlegate Europe are serious about keeping the best people and firmly believe that trained staff are happy staff. We will support your continued professional development. On top of offering an attractive salary, we also provide:
- Staff Uniform (drivers and warehouse)
- Free Health Scheme*
- Non-Contributory Pension Scheme¥
- 20 Days Annual Leave (in addition to statutory public holidays) rising to 25 days
- Continued Professional Development
- Driver Improvement Programme (drivers)
Our ethos is simple - we strive for perfection!
As part of your employment at Middlegate Europe you will be given opportunities to continue with your professional development and studies. We even have a 'Driver Mentor' scheme in the UK which focusses on all aspects of the job, including Risk Assessment, Fuel Efficient Driving, Equipment and Customer Service.
European Transport Planner
Location: Kingston upon Hull
You will need an excellent knowledge of the transport routes for Zeebrugge for deliveries and pick-ups in Benelux Germany and France. This is an extremely busy and pressurised role so being able to solve problem at short notice is a must.
Role & Responsibilities
- Planning the daily activity of 40 vehicles based at our depot in Zeebrugge, this includes full loads, part loads and groupage.
- Ensuring all details of the transport is recorded correctly onto the Navision software
- Daily communication with the office in Zeebrugge and Liege.
- Direct contact with customers where you will maintain an excellent working relationship.
- Direct and daily contact with drivers
- Prepare and maintain all documents related to transportation activities
- Make certain the goods are being transported as per CMR contractual terms and conditions
- Liaise with Operations & Sales to ensure the highest levels of end customer service are achieved.
- To undertake such other duties and projects as may be reasonably requested by the Operations Manager
- International CPC holder
- Have practical knowledge of Navision Software related to HGVs & road transport operations
- Able to operate effectively and independently in a high volume service driven transport operation
- Have a detailed understanding of road transport operations
- Good general knowledge of warehousing & distribution activities
- Capability of communicating and coordinating with staff members and external associates in a respectful and courteous manner
- Profound ability in handling multiple responsibilities simultaneously and performing work under time constraint
- Experience with customer specific delivery requirements
- Understanding of fuel efficient driving techniques
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Excel & e-mail
HGV Driver C+E
HGV Class 1 Driver required in Tilbury for a large reputable company to make deliveries throughout the UK and carry out import/export work. You will ensure high standards of customer service and legal compliance at all times. You will be working with curtain sided trailers, doing full loads and multi-drop deliveries. You will work variable hours and the job will require nights out and some weekend work. Prior to commencement of work this position will require you to attend an interview.
Role & Responsibilities
- To complete a Daily Vehicle Check to ensure the vehicle is road-worthy and all checks are in line with the 'Daily Vehicle Check' procedure. All vehicle defects must be reported immediately in line with the 'Defect' procedure
- To ensure all products are loaded safely on to the vehicle
- Check that all Delivery Notes and Drivers Manifest are in order and ensure the vehicle is not overloaded by weight or capacity and that any concerns are reported directly to the office team
- All legislation and paperwork concerning the vehicle's Tachograph (Digi or Manual) are complied with
- The customer order is correctly delivered first time on time
- Ensure that the customer endorses all documentation before leaving the goods
- Report any delivery discrepancies at the time of delivery
- Inform a member of the Transport team immediately should you be unable to deliver the goods to the customer for any reason
- All vehicles are to kept in a clean and presentable condition, both inside and out. Any problems, accidental damage etc should be reported immediately to the Transport team
- Assist with loading or unloading of Company vehicles as and when required
- Communicate any complaints or comments made by the customer and report any underlying reason where known
- To drive in a responsible manner complying with all current EU Road Transport regulation at all times
- Act as an ambassador for the Company when meeting customers creating an excellent impression
- To action any other elements to fulfil the operational needs of the business
- Any other reasonable duties as allocated by the Operations Manager or Company Director
- Full clean Driving Licence (LGV Class 1) and DigiTacho holder
- Experience of European type trailer / dock work preferred
- Good geographical knowledge
- Good driving skills and knowledge of current Road Transport Regulations
- Polite, courteous, respectful and helpful
- Driver CPC holder would be an advantage, however further training will be provided
- Based close to the Tilbury area
If you are interested in a career with Middlegate Europe you can always send a spontaneous application - please include your curriculum vitae - to firstname.lastname@example.org