GENERAL CONDITIONS (download the pdf)
1. All our transactions are subject to the Belgian Freight Forwarding Standard Trading Conditions 2005. The text of those Conditions has been published under number 0090237 in the Annexe au Moniteur Belge dated June 24th, 2005. The text of these conditions have been transmitted to you at the occasion of our first assignment and will be made available free of the charge upon request.
The only exceptions to the Belgian Freight Forwarding Standard Trading Conditions 2005 may be:
• Those special conditions elaborated below.
• Those special conditions that may be from time to time accepted in writing by the legal representative of the Forwarder.
• Imperative legal of regulatory provisions.
To the extend that the special conditions referred to above do not wholly or partially deviate from the provisions of Belgian Freight Forwarding Standard Trading Conditions 2005 these will remain fully applicable.
2. To the extend the Belgian Freight Forwarding Standard Trading Conditions 2005 and the special conditions referred to above do not provide in accepted stricter provisions all transports will be subject to the Convention of Geneva on the contract for the international carriage of good by road dated 19 May 1956.
3. The amounts or fees charged shall be payable in cash at the Freight Forwarder's registered office, within 8 days from the date of the invoice. Any loss resulting from exchange rate fluctuations is for the Customer's account. Payments not allocated by the Customer himself to the payment of a specific debt, may be applied at the Freight Forwarder's choice to the payment of any amount owed by the customer.
4. In case of non-payment upon expiry a 12% intrest is due by right and without notice; in order to compensate for the damage due to non-payment of the invoice upon expiry, the invoice will also be increased by right and without notice by a contractual sum of 15%.
5. Any complaint concerning the invoice must be reported to the forwarding agent by registered letter within five days after invoice date.
6. All transactions will be governed by Belgian. Any dispute concerning arising out of the transactions will exclusively be submitted to the Courts of Bruges.